1. About this Policy
2. Who we are
We are Adaptemy Limited, a company registered in Ireland with company registration number 566275. Our registered office is at 27 Mount Street Lower, Dublin 2.
Please see our contact section for more information. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Compliance Officer, who you may write to at the address above, or e-mail at email@example.com
3. How we collect information from you
We are careful to distinguish between students and teachers when we collect information.
For teachers, we will collect information from you when you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name, email address and school. You may also optionally provide your telephone number to avail of further support and training.
- interact with the teaching tools of the site, including creating classrooms, creating assignments for students, manage student licenses and access, and any further tools as provided within the teaching area of the site
- contact our support desk
For students, we will collect information from you when you:
- register to use our website; this will only include your chosen username, your name, but not any email address or information that enables us to get in contact with you outside the website.
- interact with the learning journey of the site, including answering questions, navigating through topics and assignments, and any further tools as provided within the learning area of the site
Note that we collect and store data about every question that every student answers, including the full details of the question asked, the answer given, the use of hints, the duration of the interaction, and various scoring metrics derived from this data.
4. Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage
We use secure technology (SSL) to encrypt all sensitive data transmissions between the user and our systems.
We will store your information at least for the duration of any customer relationship we have with you, or as otherwise required by law.
5. What your information is used for
We use the information we collect about you to enable us to deliver a more effective teaching and learning experience. By collecting information about your usage patterns, and comparing them to aggregated data from other users, we are able to recommend more suitable learning materials and learning journeys for students, and to provide analytics and insights to teachers about the learning in their classrooms.
Individual student data is only shared with their teacher, and not with any other teachers or other students. Individual student data is included in aggregated data provided to other teachers, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that data.
Individual teacher data is not shared with any other teachers or students, other than when a teacher nominates another teacher to take over an existing classroom, in which case the data about the teacher’s prior interactions with the class are made available to the new teacher.
We may use general aggregated data about users of our site and other statistical data to improve our site, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that aggregated data.
6. With whom we may share your information
We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances:
- We may share anonymised individual information about you to our research partners to help develop our services.
- We may provide anonymous aggregated data to reputable third parties.
- We may share your information with another organisation that buys our company or our assets, or with another organisation from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organisation, which may or may not lead to a sale.
- We will give third party providers who supply services to us, or who process information on our behalf, incidental access to your information but will always take steps to ensure their security measures are adequate to protect your information.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law.
7. Your Rights
You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently €6.35. Before we agree to this, you must provide with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.
8. Transfers outside Europe
We are obliged to satisfy ourselves before transferring your information to a country outside the EEA that it provides adequate protection for your data protection rights. The EEA comprises the EU countries and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Countries outside the EEA may not give the same level of protection to your information as those within the EEA.
9. Cookies and traffic Data